Last week at swimming they all got badges. Caitlin and Noah got level 5 of the NSA awards and Austin got his 5 metre badge. I’m not entirely sure how Austin got his 5 metres as he’s never swum that far when I’ve taken him, but according to the other mum’s from his class he did do it last week when Richard took him and he was much better behaved…far less crying and playing up!! To get level 5 they have to…
1. Perform a horizontal stationary scull on the back
2. Perform a feet first sculling action for 5 meters whilst horizontal on the back
3. Perform a sculling sequence with a partner for 30-45 seconds to include a rotation
4. Tread water for 30 seconds
5. Perform 3 different shaped jumps into deep water
6. Swim 10 meters backstroke
7. Swim 10 meters front crawl face in the water
8. Swim 10 meters breaststroke
9. Swim 10 meters butterfly
10. Perform a handstand and hold for a minimum of 3 seconds
11. Perform a forward somersault, tucked, in the water
12. Demonstrate an action for getting help
As well as all of these they have also been practising swimming underwater and yesterday Noah managed to swim the full length of the pool underwater…and he then bumped his head on the end so he could have carried on for a little bit further! The pool is 17 metres long so I think he might have managed 20 metres if the pool was bigger.
Today Noah has been practising his hurdles!! Some friends called in to collect our old cot and stayed for a few drinks. The weather was really nice so we sat in the garden watching the kids run wild. Noah balanced some cones on top of a ride on car and spent ages hurdling over them!!
He’s actually pretty sporty…he’s a really good runner and even though he’s the youngest in his class at swimming he swum the furthest underwater. It’s a real shame the weather has meant this years sports day is completely cancelled he would have loved taking part in that…well until he lost a race!!!