Sea Odyssey – The Giants!!

We were supposed to be going away in Alfie…but he’s in bits so we had to cancel.  As a back up we went over to Liverpool to see the Sea Odyssey.  Back in 2007 me, Caitlin and Noah saw a giant mechanical spider, and this was a similar thing.  We eventually made it into town after forcing our way on to a very very full train…they really should have put on extra carriages!!  We went straight to see the little girl giant and had to chase her along her route!  We cut down a side road and eventually made it ahead of her…

Noah was ahead with Grandad!  We found a windowsill to climb up on which gave us a fantastic view…

We saw the dog who was just ahead of the girl….

…and then…my battery ran out in my camera!!!!!!!!!!!  I was completely and utterly gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!  So I took a picture of the girl with my phone (and put my camera battery in my armpit to try to get a bit more life)….

She walked so fast..before we knew it she had walked past the little side road we were in, so we ran down towards the Pier Head where she was headed next, and we got to see her doing her exercises.  After that we went to see the hole in the pavement they had created.  My battery had gained some life so I could take some more photos!!

There was a big hole in the pavement with a big explosion of water every 10 minutes or so….  The first time it exploded we were on the right side and we didn’t get wet….

Once he’d seen where the water landed Noah decided he wanted to go over to where he’d get wet…fool!!!!!!!!!!!  So over they went and got wet!!  Even Caitlin went over which surprised me..I thought she had more sense!!!  After the fountain we went down to the water front where the girl was sitting, but it was really busy so we headed back into town for our dinner.

On the way I managed to get a picture of them by the Liver Buildings, a photo I’m amazed I don’t already have!!!

My battery then ran out again so I stopped off at Jessops and bought a new/spare battery which was partly charged so I could capture the rest of the day.  After dinner we went to see the Uncle Giant arrive, but he was a bit early so we saw him asleep and then decided to do a bit of shopping and wait to see him set off again.  We went to check out vinyl for Alfie’s bed/seats and were done really quickly so we had another look at the giant asleep…..

…with St John’s Beacon in the background…we really must go up to the top of that another day!!   Because we were early we decided to just line up to watch and have an ice-cream, that meant we were right at the front.

I’m so glad we waited to see him walk….  The uncle giant woke up and put his diving helmet on and started walking towards us….  It was fantastic…..we had a fantastic view!!!  He was can see how big the people were on the picture above!!  Then he started to walk toward us….

It was amazing…his legs were powered by teams of people who basically threw themselves from about waist height on the giant while hanging onto a rope….

That group of people crashed into me and then ran around to the back of the giant to take their place to jump again!!  It was brilliant!!!  Once the Uncle was gone we battled our way back to Nanny’s on the train.  The whole day was fantastic, I am so glad we went.  The kids loved it……and we can go camping in Alfie any time….


Leave a comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s